Garage Door Spring Replacement Anaheim CA
Sunwest Garage Door provides garage door spring replacement services Anaheim CA. Garage door springs work on a counter-balance system. This means that towards the end of their life cycle, they begin to relax and pull apart. This makes your garage door heavier over time, causing damage to your garage door springs and opener. However, here at Sunwest Garage Door, we use only the best U.S. made torsion springs and extension springs with a minimum 15k cycle life. This translates to approximately a 1/3 longer life span compared to most stock garage door springs. Need a custom size garage door spring replacement fast? We have an excellent turnaround time on high cycle and special order garage door springs, typically about one day.
Want to learn more about garage door springs? Check out “Your Guide to Garage Door Springs.“
Sunwest Garage Doors
Premium Garage Door Services
Based in Anaheim Hills CA
Signs You Need Garage Door Spring Replacement
- Your garage door won’t open.
- Your garage door opens halfway and stops.
- You notice fallen or loose garage door cables.
- Your garage door is really heavy when you try to manually open it.
- Your garage door slams down suddenly when it tries to open.
- Your garage door goes up crooked or at an angle.
- There is a 3 – 4″ gap between the garage door spring’s coils.
- Your garage door spring is elongated.
How long do garage door springs last?
Typically, springs will last 10-15,000 cycles, or eight to twelve years, depending on the quality of the garage door spring. A cycle is one rotation of opening and closing your garage door. After this time, you’ll need garage door spring replacement or repair to make sure your garage door system can operate at its best.
How do you know if you have a broken garage door spring?
There are three different types of springs: torsion springs, extension springs, and Wayne-Dalton springs.
- A torsion spring is located about eight to twelve inches above your garage door. It works with your garage door opener, twisting on itself to raise your door. You know it is broken when there is a two to four-inch gape between the coils, and from the inability to get your garage door more than a foot off the ground. We offer garage door torsion spring replacement Anaheim CA.
- For extension springs, you will have one located on each side of your garage door near the ceiling. These work together, expanding and contracting to raise and lower your door. However, because these two extension springs work independently, one can more often bear most of the weight of the door, causing it to wear down and eventually snap. You will know you have a broken extension spring if your garage door comes up at an angle. We can offer you garage door extension spring replacement.
- Wayne Dalton garage door springs are specialty so they are difficult to replace without redoing your garage door spring system. These are located inside a torque master tube so you cannot see them. However, you can tell if yours has broken if a cable is hanging loose on one or both sides of your garage door.
If a broken garage door spring is causing your garage door problem, please do not continue trying to raise the garage door automatically or attempt to do so manually. This can cause damage to your garage door opener or track and be dangerous to you or family members. Instead, call us at 714-528-5670 to schedule an appointment for your garage door spring replacement.
How much does garage door spring replacement cost?
Garage door spring replacement cost is based on the size and weight of your garage door. Additionally, the difficulty of the job will factor into garage door spring replacement cost. However, at Sunwest Garage Door, we are a local, community-based company. Because of this, we price with integrity and fairness for every customer. If you would like an estimate on garage door spring replacement cost, give us a call at 714-528-5670!
How do you lengthen the life of your garage door springs?
Annual maintenance is the best way to ensure the longevity of your garage door springs. We recommend lubrication of your garage door springs once or twice a year. This makes sure that your garage door cycles run smoothly, preventing unnecessary strain from damaging any part of your garage door system. Additionally, a door balance test can be performed annually. To do this, one of our technicians will disengage your garage door opener and lift your garage door manually. If your garage door springs are still functioning properly, your garage door should balance itself at a knee, chest, and shoulder height. Scheduling annual maintenance is easy with Sunwest Garage Door, just call at 714-528-5670!
- Wear and Tear – The main problem that causes your garage door spring to break is wear and tear over years of use. This is because garage door springs are built to last 10-15,000 cycles of opening and closing your garage door. Or, roughly 7-10 years of use depending on how frequently you operate your garage door. Then, at the end of this life span, your garage door springs will inevitably need garage door spring replacement.
- Poor Maintenance – While wear and tear over time is the main reason you’ll eventually need garage door spring replacement, poor garage door maintenance can also shorten the life of your springs. To prevent this accelerated wear, your garage door needs yearly tightening, lubricating, and balancing.
- Rust Build Up – The primary importance of regular garage door maintenance is that it prevents rust build up on your garage door springs. Without this proper lubrication, rust develops on your springs, creating extra friction. This causes your garage door springs to wear down more quickly.
Garage doors are typically the largest moving objects in the home, weighing up to 1,000 pounds. That means they can lead to serious — even …